Wednesday 22 February 2012

Wight light: beach holiday photos from the Isle of Wight

These are The Needles off the western corner of the Isle of Wight (off the south coast of England) and it's where I get to hang out when I visit my family. How lucky am I?!! As you know, the coast and it's colours and light are a constant inspiration for our art work. I find it amazing how different it is to where we live in the Netherlands, which isn't really that far away. 
The sea is obviously more dramatic opening directly out onto the Atlantic. Surfers love this beach. Those are chalk cliffs in the background.

And the beloved beach hut. I could hang out here all year. This is on Steephill Cove, a particularly charming place to spend a holiday with small shops and cafes nestled in the huts looking out directly over the sea. 

Just to add to the nostalgia, a couple of photos from a vintage car exhibition that we went to...
The shapes are great!
And a beautiful rainbow to end with... all food for new art!

No comments:

Post a Comment